Looking your best in the summer months doesn’t mean you have to be uncomfortable or dress down. In fact, dressing up while staying cool and comfortable can be an easy feat to accomplish. Here are some key tips that will help you look and feel your best in the summer months:
- FABRIC Quite possibly the biggest factor to staying comfortable in warm weather is your choice of fabrics. Linen, cotton, and light-weight wools are essential. Seersucker is a lightweight, all-cotton fabric that encourages air circulation, which is why it maintains widespread popularity in warm Southern US climates.
- FIT Don’t be afraid to wear slightly looser clothing in the summer, doing so allows air to flow and helps keep you cool. We’re not encouraging baggy clothes necessarily; just a slightly-more relaxed fit can make a big difference.
- COLOR While obvious to some, this is something worth repeating. Lighter colors reflect more light and absorb less heat than darker colors. Whites, blues, tans, and cream colors are your best options to beat the heat. While black and navy colors still work well in the summer, they are much more likely to get and stay warm faster than light colors. As a bonus, light colors are versatile and easy to match for a multitude of outfits.
- SHIRTS Like sport coat fabrics, open-weave cloths such as linen and lightweight-cottons are the best fabrics for facilitating air flow around your body. White and light-blue colors are always dependable classics that can be easily paired with a tan or grey sport coat and trousers.
- PANTS Just like jackets and shirts, fabric choice is key here. Linen and wool/linen blends will be the cooler fabrics to wear in hot weather. A pair of pants in tan or grey will pair with almost any shirt and sport coat combo.
At John H. Daniel, we’ve upheld these values for over 90 years. We give you the best service and shopping experience possible so you can look your best with minimal time and effort. We invite you to either book an online appointment, or come visit us at our Knoxville showroom and see our line of tailored suits, blazers, tuxedos, jeans, and shirts. Let us become your new Tennessee tailoring tradition.